Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Give All my Love - to All of You!

There is a song that has kept going through my head this past week that I fix some of the words to match my love for each of you.  I play it with my fingers (piano) when I am supposed to be going to sleep - and it is irritating to dad - but I love him anyway!
Here the You Tube version of the song "All of You" by John Legend at the piano with Lindsey Stirling on the violin).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwsYvBYZcx4
 
Dad and I have tried to call Riley and Ashley in Panama through a couple of different methods this morning and have been so sad to not reach you guys!  We miss you!  My phone gives me the message that Ashley needs to call me first on Magic Jack before I can call you back.  Please call me!

 
 

 
We have SO enjoyed every minute that we have been with you local kids and grandkids!  Thank you SO very much for a wonderful Mother's Day!  Your sweet efforts to show your love have deeply filled my heart and have carried me forward with happiness and strength!  I enjoyed the time we had together, the delicious steaks and chicken that Richard cooked .. the salads, potatoes, gifts etc!  I loved that Ryan and Cam and kids came, even when Ryan was trying to give Cambria a day at home without more things scheduled.  I loved the conversations ... and absolutely every moment.  Each of you men with your wives and the mothers of your children have much to be grateful for, because we are blessed with amazing and wonderful, dedicated and loving women in our family!  I enjoyed braiding Richard's hair - - how did it get that long again???
   
 
This week we have had a lot of opportunities to be with kids and grandkids - teaching piano on Monday, being with Ryan and Cambria at the temple on Tuesday (awesome!), then attending Roxie's tournament game that night (while dad attended the "setting apart" of a missionary couple in our ward).  Later was Zander's play-off game where his team is still undefeated (his team will play for 1st or 2nd place this coming Wednesday).  Devanie also had several games - but we were able to only attend one of them.  Her season is later due to High School girls on her team.
 
I got to be with Jonique and her kids on Wednesday for irrigation swimming, then on Thursday she and her kids come with us while Jacob goes from work to school.  That night Xelly slept over with me, because Aurora and Rory were coming to be with us on Friday.  The girls played together all day, while Rory finished up inputting one year of my accounting for taxes.  He and I made a casserole for their dinner, since Rachel comes home tired.  I have loved every minute!
 
Friday night my mom (LaRee) slept over with us, so that she could be here for Xelly's party on Saturday.  Jonique and Jacob attended their niece's baptism Saturday morning, so mom and I frosted the cake that Jonique had made, made little cheese and cracker things, veggies, etc.  When we got to Jonique's house Jacob and her were busy getting things ready.  Xelly and all the little kids are into the FROZEN princess Disney movie - so she was thrilled (without words) to open her gift of a dress from the movie.
​Xelly's party was so fun with Aurora, Roxie and 5 other little girls attending.  They pinned the carrot nose on "Olaf" the snowman, threw snowballs (marshmallows) into purple cups to win little crowns and other prizes, etc.  All the girls had braids - like the Frozen movie princesses - whether a Saturday "do" or intentional?

​The ceiling was decorated with the wooden snowflakes that Grandpa Gurney had cut out and turquoise balloons.  Grandma Gurney would have been happy to see it!
 
Dad and I have spent some wonderful hours on the Hammock that we gave him for Father's day, reading and discussing a book.  Today we spent time on the back porch reading another book - and truly learning and being given truth.
 
I am teaching in Relief Society today - and as usual, the teacher is the most blessed to learn most deeply and feel the Spirit as I prepare.  I wanted to share from this past General Conference where Elder Boyd K. Packer let us know that he has seen and talked with our Savior and that he knows Him personally:
"I bear my witness that the Savior lives. I know the Lord. I am His witness. I know of His great sacrifice and eternal love for all of Heavenly Father’s children. I bear my special witness in all humility but with absolute certainty.  There is an adversary, Satan, who personally seeks to disrupt the work of the Lord, Jesus Christ. We must choose whom to follow.  Our protection is as simple as deciding individually to follow our Savior, making certain that we faithfully will remain on His side."
 
May you EACH and ALL be committed to the principle of OBEDIENCE, because all blessings flow from it - - as well as does light and knowledge.  You will never KNOW until you OBEY.  It's that simple!  Have a wonderful Sabbath!!!!  Hugs and kisses!  Besos y abrazos!!!
Mom

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones